It is important to eat properly after each yoga practice, even if yoga mostly requires a gentle effort compared to many other sports. Yoga postures demand a deep workout of our muscles and joints.
Between 30 and 60 minutes after physical activity, our body will need some key nutrients to recover vitamins and minerals lost during sweating and to work on the regeneration of all cells, including those of muscles. Therefore, it is essential to know how to select nutrients properly in order to ensure smooth functioning of the entire body.
Smoothies are one of the best options after a yoga routine for several reasons:
- Quick and easy preparation
- Nutrient-rich ingredients
- And they’re delicious too!
But be careful, this beverage can be considered as a complete meal, so it is up to you to choose the ingredients carefully in order to have a healthy and balanced meal.
We challenge you to prepare your smoothie after your yoga session and share a photo on social networks with #gottasmoothie @gottajoga and @couleurbienetre
Here is an excellent recipe to make after your yoga practice:
- 1 cup of mango – In addition to being delicious, this fruit is rich in fibre, vitamin C and antioxidants. The natural sugar contained in the fruit will restore our glycogen reserves and serve as an energy source.
Photo: GoPlaces /Pixabay
- 1 handful of spinach sprouts – The benefits of spinach go beyond its high iron content, it is also rich in vitamin K, essential for the health of your bones and in chlorophyll, essential to boost your elimination system. Their mission will also be to counterbalance the sugar of the fruit in order to maintain a balanced meal.
- A spoonful of flax powder or seeds – Flaxseed is rich in omega 3 and will help improve your digestion.
- 1 teaspoon of spirulina algae – A superfood rich in vitamins and minerals and an excellent natural source of vegetable protein: essential to keep your muscles healthy.
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil – Coconut oil will not only improve the texture of your smoothie, it will also help improve your muscle system thanks to its anti-inflammatory power
- 1 glass of coconut water – Since coconut water is rich in electrolytes, it will allow you to replenish the water lost during your physical activity.
Mix everything in the blender and you have your perfect post yoga smoothie!
Nutrition Holistique ° Méditation ° Bien-être
réseaux : @couleurbienetre
Pour connaître plus à propos de mes programmes : www.couleurbienetre.com